Once you have completed your Strength Checker report you may want to embark on some work to capitalise on your strengths and boost other areas of your organisational capabilities.
To do this you may need some formal and/or informal support from peers and/or experts. There are a number of national and local schemes designed to support the sector. We have listed some below, though this is not an exhaustive list.
- Your local Council for Voluntary Service via the National Association for Voluntary and Community Action (NAVCA)
- Your local Rural Community Council via Action with Communities in Rural England (ACRE)
- Social enterprise support organisations like Social Enterprise UK (SEUK)
- Local individual consultancies and organisations with specialist expertise that advertise on provider platforms like:
- Network of management consultants Management Development Network
- The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)
- The Directory of Social Change
- Cranfield Trust
- The Foundation for Social Improvement (FSI)
- Big Lottery Fund guide to building capacity
Sources of finance
Big Lottery Fund runs a number of funding programmes, including those that can help prepare VCSEs become “investment ready”. See our funding programmes here.
Big Potential offers grants and support to improve the sustainability, capacity and scale of VCSE organisations to deliver greater social impact and have greater appeal to social investors and to win contracts.
Get the guide to social investment
The Big Potential website is also a good source of information, guides, news and case studies as well as a source of funding to build organisational capacity.