Once you have completed your Strength Checker report you may want to embark on some work to capitalise on your strengths and boost other areas of your organisational capabilities.
To do this you may need some formal and/or informal support from peers and/or experts. There are a number of national and local schemes designed to support the sector. We have listed some below, though this is not an exhaustive list.
- Your local Council for Voluntary Service via the National Association for Voluntary and Community Action (NAVCA)
- Your local Rural Community Council via Action with Communities in Rural England (ACRE)
- Social enterprise support organisations like Social Enterprise UK (SEUK)
- Local individual consultancies and organisations with specialist expertise that advertise on provider platforms like:
- Management Development Network
- The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)
- The Directory of Social Change
- Cranfield Trust
- The Foundation for Social Improvement (FSI)
Sources of finance
The National Lottery Community Fund runs a number of funding programmes, including those that can help prepare VCSEs become “investment ready”. See our funding programmes here.